Perfect heat. Perfect control. Perfect results.November 19, 2018
The gift that keeps on grilling.December 21, 2018
Jeremy Press is an owner of Appliances by Design in Hilton Head, SC.
1. What inspires you today in the appliance industry?
The tremendous options for design and functionality when it comes to integrating appliances in the kitchen (and throughout the house, for that matter). I thrive on listening to how our clients want their homes to operate. Being able to see their visions become a reality is a wonderful experience. It inspires us to elevate our level of customer service to keep imagining and implementing new trends and design ideas.
2. Which three kitchen trends do you see for 2019?
1) For a long time, we have been trying to hide or make refrigerators less visible in the kitchen. The downside has been a huge decrease in capacity. We are now seeing a big uptick in larger refrigeration. They may still have panels, but they are wider with much larger capacity.
2) The industry continues to hone in on WiFi technology and meaningful uses for connected appliances. The advancements of diagnostics and true assistant programs like the Hestan Cue™ Smart Cooking System are truly the next step in our industry.
3) Color! Color has made a big comeback – bright beautiful colors that help accent the rest of the home. The kitchen is so central to the functionality of a home. It is only right that the kitchen should be the focal point of the design as well.
3. What should someone take into consideration when designing their kitchen/living space?
When meeting with a potential luxury appliance client, I always like to ask the hardest question first. Is the goal of this kitchen design to make a statement and just look the part, or does it also need to perform at a higher level? It may sound like a combative question, but it makes a resounding difference on how appliances need to be placed in a kitchen.
For example, a house being designed to have lots of people cooking at once would not want a pro range. They would want the cooking and baking separated so multiple people can use the kitchen at once. Professional style ranges look striking, but may not always be the best solution for a luxury home. How the traffic is going to move throughout the kitchen gives unbelievable insight into how a kitchen is ultimately going to function and what products will work best.
4. What are the qualities your customers are looking for in the appliances they choose?
Quiet operation. Design. Functionality. Most importantly, products have to do what they are sold to do. Over-selling features that do not work once they are in the home just causes headaches. Solid, tangible features that clients can understand, see and touch always makes the best impact. A strong warranty also gives the client peace of mind that it’s worth the investment.
5. How do you think Hestan is changing the game in the high-end appliance sector?
Simply put, Hestan is the first luxury manufacturer that has truly met the crossroads of technology, functionality and design. I feel Hestan hits on everything I previously mentioned. Their products are sizable with great design. Lots of colors and options allow the end user to kick their imagination up a notch to fully develop their home the way they want. The technology is there with systems like the Smart Induction Cooktop. The specs for planning are great for the inner industry to ensure all designs meet the function desired, and the products are bright and easy to use.
Hestan presents a luxury product that has the feel of a heavier duty product than the perceived “best.” They are more designer based than the Euro trend that has happened over the past decade. And they have produced more technology that no one has seen in any other brand.