Aspire by Hestan
2 tbsp. Sriracha sauce
3 tbsp. sea or kosher salt
Zest from 2 limes
Juice of 1 lime
Olive oil for brushing
24 okra pods
Lime wedges for serving
1) Heat grill to medium-high, skewer okra, and brush lightly with olive oil. Sprinkle with Sriracha Lime Salt.
2) Grill about 4 minutes per side. Serve with extra wedges of lime and Sriracha for dipping — for those who like it extra spicy!
Sriracha Lime Salt
1) Heat oven to 200°F.
2) Spread Sriracha very thinly on a Silpat-lined baking sheet.
3) Bake 1 hour and 20 minutes or until Sriracha is completely dry. Cool and peel from Silpat. Don’t turn oven off.
4) Grind to a powder either with a mortar and pestle or in a mini food processor. Be gentle if you use the latter.
5) Add in salt, juice and zest, then crush or pulse to combine.
6) Spread mixture back on Silpat and bake at 200°F for 1 ½ to 2 hours until completely dry. Cool. Crush or process to salt consistency. Can be made ahead and stored in an airtight container.
**View the original recipe on Food 52