1 pound raw shrimp (peeled and deveined)* 3 jalapeños 2 cups pineapple 3 tablespoons olive oil 4 cloves of garlic 4 tablespoons cilantro chopped (half a bunch) 2 tablespoons lime juice
1) Prep ingredients: Cut the pineapple and jalapeño into pieces about the same size and thickness of your shrimp. This will ensure all of the ingredients cook evenly and get a nice sear from the grill. Set aside. Remove the tails of the shrimp (if they are still attached) by pinching the base of the tail and gently pulling it off of the shrimp. Mince the garlic or put it through a garlic press. Chop the cilantro. Soak wooden skewers in water to prevent them from burning (optional step).
2) Marinade: To make the shrimp marinade, combine 2 tablespoons olive oil with the garlic, cilantro, lime juice and 1/2 teaspoon of salt (or to taste) in a bowl. Once the ingredients are well combined, add the shrimp to the bowl and gently toss the shrimp to ensure they are all coated with the marinade. Cover the bowl and put in the refrigerator to marinade for at least 30 minutes.
3) Assemble: Toss the pineapple and jalapeño with a tablespoon of olive oil and a pinch of salt, then assemble your skewers. Combine two pieces of jalapeño, three pieces of pineapple and four shrimp on each skewer for a total of 12 skewers (three skewers per person). However, feel free to assemble your skewers however you like!
4) Cook: Place the skewers on the grill and cook two minutes per side.
5) EAT: Serve the skewers immediately with brown rice and Avocado Sauce and a squeeze of fresh lime!